Monday, February 6, 2012

Too much drama for this Mama!

I tend to stay out of drama, I try to at least. I enjoy the safety in the little bubble that my husband and I have created for ourselves and our daughters. I just try not to create it, and don't talk to people or associate myself with people who are all into the drama. I try. My husband always tells me, "the only people we have to worry about is us and our girls." I stick to that and try not to get drawn in. Anyone else with me on this one? I know Windizzle will know what I am talking about:)
Besides the drama, I had a pretty good day! Well, let me say it another way...it STARTED out as a great day and slowly has been ending on a not so good note. I went to get the girls in the bath tonight, 7:00, you know how I am. The water would not get hot. I tried the shower..nothing...all the faucets..nothing. Of course, this stuff always happens on the nights that my husband is at work, about 45 miles and 36 hours away. I called our friend around the corner who is a plumber and he quickly came over. I really don't know how to do anything "manly" around the house. My Dad was the only guy in the house with my sister, mom , and I. So all the "manly" duties he did. Probably enjoyed doing those types of things to get away from all the girls in the house! Tangent! I hate when I do that:) Anyways, back to my story. Come to find out one of the tubing to the pilot light is bad. I think that is right? I'm telling you, anything to do with man stuff, I'm clueless. Thank goodness he can stop by tomorrow and fix it. The girls can't do another day without bathing. One night won't kill them, hopefully. I guess if they were really bad I could always do it old school and boil water and slowly fill up the bath. Hot water, the finer things in life. Murphy's Law though, things like this ONLY happen when my husband is at work!! It could be worse, like our heater went out, or no water at all, or no electricity. Things could always be worse. Not giving my girls or my self a nightly cleaning isn't going to kill us.
I did manage to snap a couple pictures today though!
Books!


A thrift store find!
#febphotoaday Day 6. Dinner: Black Bean and Lime Rice Burrito from Fresh and Easy..not so healthy, but oh so good!


Love Face Time!
This was from last night but I had to share. They sit and just talk, and make goofy faces to each other. They both love it, and so do I! Video chatting seems so Jetsons!!!! 
That is all for now Friends. I am off to sit and relax with the girls before we head off to bed in about 30 minutes. Have a great rest of the night!


3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the read tonight. Love the bubble :) ps: if plumber friend says itd expensive to fix I had the same problem with no hot water (BUT not sure if the same problem part) and the fix it man said it could be fixed by him using a piece of sand paper on the part. Wallah! Over 2 years and still working fine (knock on wood)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I know what you are talking about....drama. Who needs it??

    Stuff always went wrong at my dad's when he was out of town. Water heater breaking, bathroom flooding...ask my brother...Always happens that way. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. NighT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DRAMA hate it so much. It is getting easier and easier to avoid the drama. I like your thought and I agree the focus is on my kiddos, hubby and our household. I believe people just like to be the "focus" and sometime that means it is in a negative light.

    ReplyDelete