Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Weekend of Getting Dirty!

So if you don't know then here is my story of a very dirty, yet fun, weekend!

A couple of months ago I saw something, somewhere about a mud run that is held in Irvine every year. I never do anything for myself anymore, my life is all about my kiddos and my husband, I'm ok with it. But I thought a mud run looked like a fun time. At first I asked my husband to do it, he gave me a, "yeah right," and then I asked my sister in law if her and her husband wanted to do it. Again, another pass. I then asked my sister who I was pretty sure would be brave and run this thing with me. I was right, she quickly agreed and a start of a team was beginning to form! I asked my fellow hockey moms and 2 out of the many were in:) I just need a solid 4 girls to do it to have a team. I quickly signed us up knowing that if I signed up there was no way that I could back out. Once I paid I was committed! I was so excited! I was actually going to do something for myself, just be and some of my best girls.

So many of you know I have been running. I didn't want to gas out within a couple minutes of the run. I have been pushing myself, and running on days where I would much rather sit in my pajamas and relax instead. Man, was I glad that I brought up my endurance!

Race morning came before I knew it. We got to the park where it was being held and it was a chilly morning. No sun. Cold. I was wishing for at least a little sunshine. We lined up and off we went. Not even 2 minutes into the race we had to go into a huge mud pool. I was like , "here it goes!!" I was determined to run most of it, and I did, I ran probably 90% of the race. I pushed myself harder than I ever had. We went through mud pools, under cargo nets, down muddy hills, across mud pits. It was great! The one thing that surprised me was the personal satisfaction I got when I passed someone. I know that sounds totally mean, but I think the inner competitor came out in me. It was like little victories after I passed each person. What a feeling!

We finished the race in I think a decent time, the run was almost 4 miles. It was a lot of fun and I would love to do it again! T says that she wants to run it with me next year, I hope she does. What a fun time that would be for us to do it together. I also had a great time running it with my sister, I was so proud of her for doing it, bum knee and all!

Proud of myself for saying that I am going to do something and actually following through with it and doing it!!!









On Sunday we spent the day at my parents house. The sun was out  and we spent most of our day sitting out in it, relaxing and whatnot. My dad stopped the ice cream man for the girls of course. T opted for a Jolly Rancher Popsicle and we bought E a Dora ice cream! Great way to end our weekend of fun!







Have a great rest of the night Friends!!!







1 comment:

  1. YEah girlie so proud of you!!!! My cuz was at the same race!

    ReplyDelete