Thursday, April 5, 2012

Unmotivated and feeling lazy

As I was packing all our stuff up in my car on Sunday to head home from my parents house I came across a small problem. I didn't know how I was going to fit everything in my car. I had a huge hockey bag, a big dog, a big car seat, two kiddos, myself, and my jogger. One was going to have to stay behind. Of course it couldn't be anything that was breathing. So that left a hockey bag or my jogger. T would be needing her hockey bag, plus if I left that it would stay closed up until we were able to come back and get it. Not a good idea to keep wet hockey stuff zipped up in a bag. At home all the hockey stuff gets aired out! So, that left my jogger. There was just no way to jam it in my car. Now, many of you know the close relationship I have with my jogger, we, on most days are best buds. But I knew I would pick it up in a week and I could just get my running in when my husband was home or I could always pack the baby up in the bike trailer, I can get some good cardio in on my bike. Well after I got home and my husband came home the next day he "reminded" me that he was going on a 96  and only had two days off. So much for my running this week! 

 I have never realized how much I rely on running to get the ants of of my pants. And the baby loves her jogger, I know that if she has ants in her pants or is cranky I can strap her in the jogger and before we are at the park (.25 miles away) she is guaranteed to be passed out. Since I haven't ran since Saturday, let me tell you, I am feeling it. I have a bad case of the lazes. Is that even a word?!?! I feel run down, tired, out of it, and just plain blah. What I would do to get a good, long, and tiring run in.  I am really looking forward to getting my jogger back on Saturday but my run may have to be pushed back until Monday. Let me tell you why. I knew my shoes from the mud on Saturday were going to get bad. No biggie to me, I have been complaining about my running shoes for forever. But I have just been too busy to get down to the running center to buy some new ones. Sunday afternoon I used a pressure washer to clean all the mud off and out. I left them outside to dry out and my husband was like, "right now, order some running shoes online, yours are toast!" And that is what I did. This time around I bought a pair of New Balances. I have worn them in the past and liked them. I should have known better to change up my running shoes. Stick to what is comfortable. My new shoes will be arriving in the mail on Monday! Super excited to meet my new friends!

I had a list of things to do today. Errands aren't always fun. I had to go to three places. Target, Best Buy, and the grocery store. I don't mind the first two, but I HATE the grocery store. Everything is just so damn expensive. I always leave looking in the cart and then looking at my receipt and just shaking my head. I knew I HAD to do these things, but I was just so unmotivated today. Plus, the laundry has been piling up higher and higher and I am down to the bare minimums. Everywhere I look seemed to see piles of stuff, clothes, toys, mail, dishes..etc. Does it ever end?!?!?! It is almost like I need a swift kick in the pants to get my crap done around my house. Oh, and to top it off my baby has been sick. Snotty, junky cough, and cranky! She is super clingy, wants to nurse ALL the time, and wants nothing to do with sleeping in her bed. When it rains it pours, right?

I know what this mama needs.....see below:)


Here is to hoping my girls go to bed soon...very very VERY soon!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment