Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter, Family, and a Day of Relaxation.

Easter came and went and was actually a nice day. It started off by me waking up at 6:30 am, yes 6:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I was out of bed by 7 and had the coffee going soon after. I couldn't believe when I heard little footsteps coming down the stairs. She was just too excited about the Easter Bunny bringing her goodies! When she saw what he brought her she almost cried, yes cried. My oldest is a very emotional girl and cries, a lot.




She was so excited for those two DVD's! Miracle, and Soul Surfer! Both are great family movies, we watched both yesterday:) She really made out this year, ha, what am I talking about, she makes out EVERY year. The Easter Bunny always fills her basket to the brim. She has had the same basket since her first Easter! Not long after, Sissy was finally waking up and T couldn't wait to show her how to look through her basket.



She got fun stuff, no candy:( That Easter Bunny knows!! My husband finally came home, after a 96 hour shift at work. 96 hours is a long time for Daddy to be away from all his girls. T was anxiously waiting for him because I told her that they had to wait to do their Easter Egg Hunt until Daddy got home. He has to see them do something! When they heard the garage door open they got their baskets and were ready to go. 



After the hunt was over the girls went through their eggs and I got a minute to catch up with my man. Poor guy, when he got home he couldn't relax. When he is on the go for 96 hours straight it is sometimes hard for him to wind down. So I made him try to relax with the girls on the couch while I made breakfast. Eggs and ham for him and eggs and turkey sausage for baby and me. T never eats breakfast. My baby LOVES turkey sausage, and eggs dipped in ketchup. We ate breakfast and I did some picking up, we were having some family over for a little visit. I was super excited to see them, it has been awhile. It was my husband's sister, her husband and their daughter. The girls played nicely and we adults chatted and snacked on veggies and dip and cheese crackers and salami! Sadly, before we knew it it was time for them to head to their next visiting destination. It was a short but oh so sweet visit! Cory's Dad also stopped by to bring the girls Easter gifts, which they both loved:) 

The rest of the day was filled with getting into our jammies early, sitting on the couch and watching movies. If you have never seen the movie, Miracle, you need to watch it. A feel good, great ending, inspirational movie. Great to watch with your kiddos and teaches them the importance of perseverance and dedication. I mean what parent doesn't want their child to learn those things?!?!?!

Hope everyone else had a great Easter Sunday!! Have a great rest of the night Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment