Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Quiet Time.

Quiet Time. Oh how I love thee! I came to the realization today about how much I took quiet time for granted. With a house full of an active 9 year old and a 1 year old, quiet time for Mama is far and few between. So, when I get time by myself, like today, I take FULL advantage. The husband took the kid to a hockey lesson and then afterwards they were going to go down to Orange County, he needs to get her some new hockey gear, she has outgrown her hockey pants, her gloves, and her helmet. I'm not expecting them back until closer to 10:00 tonight. So even though I knew I was going to be riding solo, well baby too, I wanted to make dinner. I have been wanting to make Chili. My husband doesn't like chili much so I knew it was the perfect night to make me some chili and cornbread! The baby fell asleep for her afternoon/early evening nap. I started cooking. My house was so quiet. I didn't even have the tv on. Just me and my thoughts. It was GREAT! Back to the quiet time topic. E sometimes has independent play, when she does she is so quiet. I usually just sit and watch her play with her toys quietly entertained. Makes it sound like I never play with my baby. this is not true. 9/10 times E plays with someone, weather it be myself, her dad, her sister, or our dog, E always has someone to play with. Sometimes in the car I don't even play the radio. The baby will usually fall asleep in the car and T usually has her earphones on so it makes for a very quiet car ride. Moral of the story is...all you Mamas out there, take advantage of any quiet time you can get.
She has been napping great these last couple weeks!

Buddies:)

Playing by herself as I watch, she loves these staking boxes Santa brought her!

Love cooking healthy!

My Bear Creek Chili!

It's a cold night out, bundle up friends!

2 comments:

  1. ahh quiet time.....it is a precious commodity that I don't get very often but when I do I soak it in and just bask in it! Like right now. I am work on my lunch just listening to the radio reading blogs, eating my sandwich and only worrying about peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know the feeling of wanting quiet once in awhile:) Sometimes I just need a couple minutes to take a couple deep breaths, as soon as the feel of the overwelmingness (is that even a word?) washes past me I am like a new person. This doesn't happen often , just every once in awhile, but that is part of being a Mom, right?

      Delete