Monday, March 5, 2012

Looking Forward To The Next Two Weeks!

T is FINALLY on Spring Break! And she gets 2 weeks off :) I love having her home. We actually slept in this morning, I opened my eyes and looked over at the clock and it was 9! I NEVER get to sleep in like that. baby was still passed out too. An extra hour and a half is something I am looking very forward to for the next 2 weeks. We are hoping to do some fun things while she is out of school, it may just be things with me and the girls since my husband is working like crazy this month. We even may try going to the movies, The Lorax looks like such a fun movie and I think the baby will be ok it there. As long as I have snacks for her I think we will be good!

Lastnight after my husband's hockey game we went to go eat at Famous Dave's. I'm not really one for BBQ restaurants, they always put too much sauce and I'm not too much of a rib person. The idea of pulling meat off a bone just gives me the willys. So I opted for a pulled chicken sandwich, topped with coleslaw. It was alright. I should have told them easy on the sauce, hopefully we won't go back there for a while.  On another note, E is good, don't get me wrong but it is just hard to go out to a sit down kind of restaurant with a 1 year old. Moms seem to always be the ones to either have to take the baby outside or eat one handed or have to eat theirs really fast while the baby isn't tearing up the place. Anyone else have this issue? There is nothing worse than a parent who lets their kid be loud and screaming or crying and doesn't care about the other diners. I won't be that person..ever. So if she starts to get fussy I take her out, walk her around, the usual things to try and get her to settle down. Everyone else was just happy as clams eating their BBQ. Whatever. E did try her first BBQ rib and watching her be such a big girl made all the frustrations go away. My kiddos usually do that to me! I was happy to get out of there though and head home, to my jammies, bathtime, and bedtime. Dinner exhausted me. Wow, when did I become such a whiner!
How cute is she!

It was actually Sissy's rib she snaked:)
Em also got her first haircut this weekend. My sister cut it, she has a cute little bob now. I was a little sad since it was her first haircut, I don't know why, it looks super super cute, I think it is just that it makes her look so grown up, like my baby isn't such a bay anymore. Waaaaa! And yes, I saved some of her baby hair, it will go into her baby book that I STILL need to start. I'm such a slacker in the scrapbook department right now, I don't even want to think about how far behind I am. 




No more mullet! 
T was at her friends house from Saturday morning until Sunday night, I missed her so much! She said they swam, played hockey, tennis, Frisbee, video games, had a magic show....I mean the list went on and on. My friend Christine, the mom of T's friend, looked so tired. She had a total of 4 kiddos at her house. She said they totally wore her out! I am sure she slept great lastnight:) T was wore out too, she actually fell asleep on the bench next to my sister while her Dad played hockey. She didn't miss much though, they lost pretty bad.....7-1. OUCH! 

I have a load, or a pile I should say, of laundry to my left that NEEDS to get done. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger so I think it is time to just get it over with. I would love to stay in my jammies all day but the weather is so nice outside that I can't pass getting the girls out to enjoy it. I am hoping T will want to go on a bike ride with me and her sister. Change it up a bit from the jogger. Maybe she will want to stop at the park and we can play on the playground with the baby. That will be a good set up for some good pictures of the girls, I better charge my camera:)

That is all for now, have a great day Friends!



2 comments:

  1. wow spring break already?? and two weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice that she gets it really early, and the fact that she gets 2 weeks to me is awesome! We had all these great ideas about what we were going to try to do and have yet to accomplish any of them. T has just wanted to be lazy. I am ok with that. But hopefully she will want to do something before the 2 weeks is up!

      Delete