Thursday, July 25, 2013

Boston Day #2

What a day! Full of fun, adventure, good food, and cooler weather. 

We had planned to get up at a decent time, set out alarm for 8:00 and was shooting of getting out of the house by 9:00. I woke up to a couple dogs barking at looked at my watch...it was 10. Dang, how did I not hear an alarm?!? Cory woke shortly after and said that his alarm went off but we all looked like we were sleeping so good he figured he'd let us sleep a while longer. We all needed it. So, him and I got up, he made coffee. Had to drink it black, but surprisingly it wasn't too bad. I mean, I totally missed my creamer, but I ended up drinking a little over half a cup. My Dad would be proud! He only drinks black coffee. 

We got cleaned up, got the girls up and within the hour we were headed to the subway. It was so nice outside. It was cool but not cold. A nice break from the heat back home. The subway was awesome, easy to follow and everyone was super nice. Offering their seats to me and the girls. It was actually pretty nice for public transportation, which was a plus. 

Our first stop was TD Garden, where the Boston Bruins play. As soon as we turned the corner, there it was. So awesome! We walked across the street and out of the corner of my eye I saw Dunkin Donuts. We had to go there, Cory said I would love DD. I ordered a French Vanilla with cream and sugar. It was thee best coffee I have ever had, makes Starbucks seem like McDonalds. I love love loved it! I will be having it again. 


Perfect picture! Me with my coffee and a Big and Toasty, TD in the background:) 




We then headed over to TD and walked to the pro shop. We were in heaven. Wall to wall Bruins gear. We spent way too much but hey, when in Rome, right? 





She is having a really hard time with the time change, poor baby:(





All I wanted was a new hat, and I found one, it the last one left and it was in a weird spot. It was almost like someone had just set it down in a random spot. It was meant to be that I found it! Hope I can find another before our trip is over. 

By this time we were getting hungry for lunch, we decided to go over to Quincy Market. 


Right outside Fennell Hall. 

Quincy Market is right behind it.  A place with tons of food. It was like a mall food court but it was long and straight inside of big and round. Cory and I shared Seafood Mac n Cheese. It had shrimp, crab, and lobster. So good, but so bad. The girls ate chicken tenders and fries. 

We walked around a little, mainly to walk our lunch off:) The weather started getting a little funky, a little harder than a sprinkle. We didn't mind though, it felt so good. Nobody else seemed to mind either, everyone was walking in it. Cory and Tay have been all about Nutella lately, so when we came across this place that made crepes with Nutella, they about lost their minds! They decided on one called, The Southern. It was Nutella and sliced bananas on the inside and on the outside was drizzled chocolate and powdered sugar. We ducked inside out of the rain and all dug in. Another so good but so bad for you eat! 


As soon as we finished it really started raining, to hard for us to walk in it. So we waiting for it to let up. After about 20 minutes or so, it did. 

Headed to the subway and off to the grocery store. The nicest thing happened, I was carrying Em and it was raining, a man gave me an umbrella. Didn't say anything just gave me a nod and a smile. There's proof that there are still good people out there. The closest full grocery store we found was Whole Foods. I've never been in one. It was awesome. If we had one close to us I'd def shop there. We headed back to our apartment which was about 6-7 blocks away. Not too far. Unloaded groceries and now have a stocked fridge. We are having Eggplant Parm and a salad for dinner, yum! 
Girls are bathed and playing. We are going to eat dinner and then watch some BB. Hoping that Em has an easier time falling asleep than lastnight. 

One last thing. Check out our creepy Harry Potter elevator, Tay hates it! It closes with a scissor gate:) Creepy or cool?! You be the judge. 


As for our plans tomorrow?? Who knows what we will discover:)

Have a great night, Friends! 













No comments:

Post a Comment