Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend Ended On A Good Note!

Sadly our weekend has come to an end, but it was a great one! We had a baby shower for our friend and his girlfriend who are expecting a baby boy in October. Exciting! We couldn't stay long since my husband had a hockey game in the early evening, we went, said or congrats, ate a little, my husband drank a beer and then we were off to the rink. I have been banned from the last bulk of hockey games due to thinking I was the bad luck charm for the team. Every time I was there they would lose and then every time I wasn't they were playing great and winning. So I sat the last handful out. I was glad that the curse somehow has been broken and they won with me there:) Afterwards we went to a pizza place, the guys drank massive amounts of beer and the moms chatted away and kept on eye of the group of kiddos. We got home super late but knew that nothing was planned the next day and that we would be able to sleep in!
The baby woke up at 7! But I made her go back to sleep and she didn't wake up again unil 9, that was what I was talking about!!!! I took both the girls to run some errands and we actually had a great time together. We hit up Staples and Barnes and Noble. Tay has been in dire need of a new computer chair, so I figured Staples would be a place to find a decent one. We found a pink one, $30. Awesome! We then headed to Barnes and Noble. Tay needed a couple books to get the years started, I had a couple in mind for her and then she had a couple books she was wanting. We had a great time reading the first pages of books and adding to our pile. And, I found a USA puzzle! Wasn't the exact one I was imagining but it will do. She has already played with it like ten times, score:)
Reading The Lorax:)

In the Disney section

My happy camper!

Look at this loot!

Daddy putting her chair together

Almost done...

Sissy testing out the chair!

She loves it:)

We came home to my husband on a mission to kill wasps. He had a plan of attack, he was going to spray the nest and then run fast around the back and into the house. He said there was a huge nest of close to 50 wasps. We opened the back and off he went. I heard the spray and then a crash, or like a boom, and like he dropped the spray can. Here he comes through the backdoor with a crazy look on his face and a bloody arm and hand. Knees all red. I was like,"did you fall???" He goes,"dammit, falling when you are 30 doesn't feel like when you fall as a kid!!" It was my running from wasps husband eating crap that I had heard! It took everything I had not to laugh. Poor guy, scrapped his knuckles, has a cut on his arm along with a big ol' bump on this arm. I am sure he will be sore tomorrow!!! Wish I could have seen it though!
We ate an early dinner, salmon and veggies. Broccoli, zucchini, carrots, and cauliflower. It was simple and so tasty. Both girls are bathed and in jammies. After this it is time to read with Tay and then bedtime. Hoping tomorrow there is no crying and I will never see those tears again.

Have a great rest of the night Friends!

1 comment:

  1. OMG...we got a good laugh out of that too.... Did he at least get the wasps??

    ReplyDelete