Saturday, August 25, 2012

Doing The Happy Dance!

I woke up yesterday morning and started walking downstairs to wake up Tay. Before I opened her door I stopped, took and deep breath, and said to myself, "no matter the mood, let's just get through the morning." Giving myself little pep talks are necessary sometimes:) I woke her up and said I'd meet her downstairs. 10 minutes later her she comes with a SMILE on her face, no tears. It was looking good already. I wasn't going to be completely sold until we arrived at school and she was in her classroom, tear free. We walked to school she talked about what baby brothers are like, random I know. She said that if we have a baby brother her and Emily will play in the kitchen while him and Dad play outside. Typical. No, I am not having another baby just yet, it is hopefully in our future but not at the current time. We got to her school she gave me a hug and kiss good-bye, hugged and kissed her sister and she was off. Just like that, no tears, no panicking, just the 10 year old girl I know. Confident, happy, and brave!

I know Monday will be the real test, hoping that the tears and fears are completely out of her system and mornings can return to normal. The Freestones have a busy second half of the day so I need to get going!

Have a great day Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment