Monday, December 5, 2011

Had a Great Birthday!

    I think as you get older birthdays aren't the same as when you were kids. There is no big celebrations, no parties, and no birthday cakes. Today was my 32nd birthday and it came and went, like any other day. My little one still is not sleeping well so I woke up this morning in a fog, wanting to hit snooze instead of getting out of bed. But I knew even my birthday wasn't going to stop me from getting my run in! I tried out my new Nike Running Jacket and running capris, LOVE THEM! My jacket is so light weight but kept me warm enough but not hot. It was great! It was chilly willy out there this morning too, I think since there was a little bit of a breeze it seemed colder than it really was. Anyway, I got my run in and was super excited to have it done before 9 am.
    All I wanted really for my birthday was a jacket, I need one for the ice rink. A comfortable one that wasn't too big but warm enough to withstand the chilly ice rink. My husband took me to Sports Chalet and the search was on. I zeroed in on a black one with a hood and it fit me like a  glove! I was so happy because all weekend I have been trying on jackets and all were put back on the rack due to my picky-ness! I can't wait to wear it:)
    We then went to lunch to my favorite place here in our little town, The Kopper Kettle, it is family owned and everything is homemade, from their pies to their breads. My favorite is their Turkey Cobb Sandwich on Homemade White Bread. So good! My husband opted for a bunch menu item and went with the Turkey, Spinach, Cheese, and Tomato Omlette. We shared our lunches with Baby and we all left with happy full tummies.
    The rest of the day was spent sitting on the couch relaxing with the family, there was a Boston Bruins game on, which they killed the Pens! A great way to end my birthday day! Now off to put the baby in the bath and then hopefully off to bed sooner than later!

Have a great night Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment