Friday, April 26, 2013

What DO I Eat?

I have been wanting Mexican food for awhile now, but real Mexican food isn't all that great for you. So when I was at the store today I came up with a healthier version on enchiladas. 

Here are the ingredients that I used:
Minute Brown Rice (my staple)
lime
tomato
onion
cilantro
cheese
spinach
cumin
red pepper
ground turkey
wheat tortillas

First you throw the ground turkey in a hot skillet and brown it.

Don't let the light color freak you out. It will not look like ground beef. I know some people are into the color of their meat. 

Chop up a onion, I chopped up half of a big one. We like onion in our house.


Drop the mound of onion you chopped in the skillet with the ground turkey. Cook them until they are nice and soft.


Chop up a tomato, I know there is a lot of chop chop chopping! 
Let them join the party! Sprinkle a little cumin and a little red pepper. Careful the red pepper is muy caliente!

Spinach. Yes, that is spinach. Chop it up and add it. Spinach is great for you, why not add it to the mixture, I bet you won't even know it is there!

How good does that look!!!! 
Sauce the pan...

And get to wrappin'!

I made two regular flour ones for my husband, just in case he didn't like the wheat. I know, I am too nice sometimes!

Top with sauce and cheese, I used reduced fat cheese. In oven 15 minutes or so at 350.
OOOOOOH YEAH! Use the same voice as Ferris Buller's Day Off..much funnier!

How good does this look?!?!? I also made a cilantro lime brown rice on the side. Yum!

I will confess, this meal was pretty time consuming, but worth every second! If you are wanting something Mexican, you should try this. It's a WINNER!

Also, my dog got shaved today!

Hope you enjoyed another one of my, "what I eat," blogs! Have a great rest of the night, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment