Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dealing with being leftout

The Freestone Four do 99% of things together, as a family. No vacations just me and my husband, no date nights, and we are ok with that. This is the time in our lives where our main, and only focus is on our little family. We know that our girls will not be small forever and that we only have them to ourselves for such a short amount of time in both our lives. However, today I was feeling a little left out. Let me explain why...
Tay has been skating everyday for almost 2 weeks! All on her own, we are not forcing her. She has just wanted to work on stuff to make her a better player, so we have been at the rink for almost 14 days straight! So when she asked for a day off, today, we were totally ok with it. She has wanted to go to the movies and to an Ontario Reign hockey game. My husband is off today so he was going to take her to do both. There is NO way that my Em is going to sit still through a movie, so I had to pass on that. And she is not going to sit through a hockey game, so I had to pass on that also. I would just spend the majority of my time walking around the arena with her, watching the game from the tvs. Needless to say, I am feeling a little leftout. Wish I could go do fun stuff like the movies. But so happy that they get daughter/dad time. How am I dealing with it you ask? Just to remember that they are having a great time out and having fun, just knowing that makes me smile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment