Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Am I Doing Enough?

I was reading a blogger I follow, ohdeardrea and today she was talking about if she was doing enough with her little one. It got me thinking about my two girls and I asked myself, "Am I doing enough for both of my daughters?" For the longest time, 8 years it was just the three of us, me, my husband and our daughter Tay. I felt like we did a lot with her. We had season passes to Disneyland and I felt like we got a lot of use out of them. We didn't have much money but we did what we could. When we moved , thankfully she got involved with a great group of friends that all us moms are now friends as well. We were always getting the girls together for play dates. Taking them here, taking them there. When Baby E came last year it was a very hard adjustment for all of us but mainly I think it was a hard adjustment for Tay. Here she was this little girl who for 8 years our world revolved around her, now a little baby was a main focus. It was so hard for me to see her adjust to our new life. Those of you that have multiple children, did you have this issue too? I try to give the girls my equal attention but it is still hard, especially since E is attached to my boob it seems like 24/7. She really isn't, but some days it does seem that way. Am I doing enough for Tay?!?!?! Am I giving enough of myself to her individually? I try. I really do. I am thankful that my parents  and sister are extremely close to Tay so there are times where they take her and have sleepovers where 100% attention is on her, I am thankful for that 10 times over! And here I sit, getting all emotional as I type about whether or not I am doing enough as a mother for my big girl. As she grows up will she know I am trying as hard as I can??!! I do miss our one on one times together, going shopping, getting our nails done, I even miss her sleeping in my bed when my husband is at work sometimes. I'm just having a hard time re-assuring myself that I am living up to being a great mom to my children. Sometimes I forget that she is only 9 years old and still needs Mama:) She has become so independent, a good thing I think, so many times I overlook the fact that she is still just a little girl.

We are actually taking a vacation this month, we are headed to Disneyland for 4 days! It is going to be great. We want to build memories with our children and I think Disneyland is a great place to store some! We are hoping that the weather is nice and warm the week we go so that we can enough the sun and the pool! We have seen and heard that the Disneyland Hotel has the best pool! It has been cold and rainy here so I am crossing my fingers that this is the last of the rain and the sun will come out. Hoping too that maybe me and Tay can go on some rides together, just me and her. Dad can handle to baby for a little while, right?!?!

What have the Freestone Four been up to lately? Here are some pictures to catch you up!
Thawing out, the ice rink gets WAY too cold somedays!

My husbands turn to play hockey


OBSESSED!!!

Sick kid.

My husband at work, yes, alot if work this month!

Took our girls to the Science Center

Silly tay!

My beautiful girls and my beautiful niece Sam

It was Bubble Fest!

She made her own bubble wand!

Playing in the tunnels

Get sprayed in the rocket area!

Tay, Sam and Sammie's Mama Windy

Shooting!

Dad's turn!

Took a trip to the Mission San Luis Rey

My Grandpa and Tay

My Mom and Tay

Baby E
The baby is already asleep so I think I am going to lay down too. Night Friends! I apologize in advance if I was rambling tonight.....


2 comments:

  1. U r a wonderful mother! U are a giver all of the time! In my opinion the only one lacking in attention is yourself!! U r such a dedicated mom/wife that u forget about U!!!!! Love and miss ya Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet words coming from a great Mom like yourself! Thank you:) Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete